Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Algebra: Multiplying Polynomials, Introduction

Many of the students I tutored were confused any time they had to multiply polynomials. Over the few years I tutored, I developed three methods for performing this arithmetic. It never failed that at least one of these three methods would "click" with someone who previously struggled to understand how this works.

I'll be sharing these three methods with you in a series of posts, in order to give each method enough attention. My names for the methods are as follows:
My personal favorite is "The Table" method -- it is most intuitive to me. Even up through Calculus III in university, my homework and tests would have a little table scrawled in the margins where ever I was required to multiply polynomials. :-)

I hope you find at least one of these methods helpful. I will also give a brief description of when each method may be preferred over another.

Please stick with me through this series. Let me know if you have any questions or comments, or if you have a request for a future post.

Find me on Google+ and Twitter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? I would love to hear from you!